Finca Santa Marta, established in 2007 is a thriving, organic vegetable, fruit and herb agro-business located in western Panama, in the province of Chiriquí. Located only thirty minutes west of David, the finca is in the community known as Santa Marta and Bijagual. This is a pristine and unspoiled area of Chiriquí, offering rich soil, and has the perfect climate for an organic farm. The elevation ranges from 1,050 feet at the road boundary down to 800 feet at the river.
The finca supplies chickens, and eggs and organic fruits, and vegetables to clients all over Panama who have come to rely on Finca Santa Marta for their produce including weekly shipments to Bocas del Toro, Panama City, Colon, Coronado and other locations. The diversity of the products produced on this farm is impressive. Many of the items grown organically at the farm are not grown elsewhere in Panama. This property also comes with 8 head of cattle, currently being grazed with the additional capacity for 16-20 head total.
Finca Santa Marta also has established a growing clientele by selling produce at the Tuesday Morning Market each week in Boquete as well as dropping off orders in the capital city of David.
The sale includes the Finca Santa Marta S.A. corporation, business name, trade marked logo, website, clients and the professional reputation that the name Finca Santa Marta has established. You can visit http://www.fincasantamarta.biz/ to view the website and see what products are offered. In addition, FSM has a water concession from ANAM to pump water from the river in the dry season. Several current, hard working, local employees would be interested in working for the new owners.
The organic movement in Panama is growing stronger every year. This is a great opportunity for being part of this growing industry. There is now a vital need for organic products grown as more restaurants and residents look for healthier foods and produce not grown by other suppliers. Also there is an excellent government program that rebates farmers up to 80% of the cost of new commercial green houses making expansion very cost effective.
Finca Santa Marta has lots of opportunity for growth and expansion of the business.
The property includes a 12KW propane powered backup generator that can power the entire finca.
The water source for the house comes from IDAAN, the public water utility. The property gets irrigation water from the river and from 4 private wells on the property.
Additional onsite buildings include:
- Administration office with workshop – storage area.
- Processing area for chickens that is compliant with Panama health standards and includes state of the art equipment.
- Processing area for washing and packaging produce for shipment.
- Cold room and several refrigerators and freezers.
- Generator house
- 20’ storage container
- Fully furnished 650 sq. ft. octagonal bamboo/adobe casita for manager, or to rent out
- In addition the finca has over 30 large reserve water storage tanks located around the property that double as a rain catchment system. Combined they offer over 12,000 gallons (45,500 lts) of water storage and are connected to an extensive water system for the gravity and pressure systems utilized for irrigation.
- The sale price includes all farm processing equipment including, mowers, weed eaters, and numerous other tools necessary for a farming operation.