The finca is lush with greenery and beauty. A good portion of the finca is undeveloped and has been left in its natural state.
This is an organic farm in the truest sense. Compost is made continuously and used to improve the soil and cut plant material is used for ground cover over the plants keeping in the moisture and also for weed control. Permaculture techniques are being implemented in the operation.
- 17 + hectares or 42+ acres. This property borders the Rio Gariche River with one kilometer of river frontage.
- The entire property is fenced and has three different elevations that descend to the river below.
- There is an extensive interior road system allowing easy access to all areas of the finca.
- Organic farm with free-range chickens, eggs, organic vegetables, herbs and many varieties of mature fruit trees. In addition there are areas dedicated to growing coconuts, bananas, pineapples, bamboo and moringa. A tilapia growing operation could be easily be incorporated and add an additional revenue stream.
- The lower level of the property, which borders the river, is currently used as pasture land for cattle and horses.
The middle level of the property is protected from the winds so it is a perfect place for the several irrigated greenhouses and free-range laying hen nests and shelter.
The highest level has more greenhouses and free-range meat chicken growing areas in addition to the house and office/shop and other buildings. There are a total of 8 large greenhouses on the property with 34,000+ sq. feet of covered growing area.
Diverse flora and fauna are found on this property, which has been planted by the owners, including plantings surrounding the greenhouses with bug deterrent plants such as citronella. There is an adjoining government owned property that is virgin rainforest which helps keep the diversity in the finca’s soil, using organic farming methods.